Wednesday, January 13, 2010

LONDON UK KAP TRAINING JAN 15 - 17

Hi guys,

Hopefully you have all organised your travel plans and accomodation, and are primed and ready to go. I for one am excited, and look forward to meeting you all in person! A couple of things to confirm, so you will be able to find the location without any trouble :)

Locations

First off, I am enclosing a map of the location (see attachment), and where to find the room when you enter the campus. I have highlighted the entrance from Gower Street, and in turn the actual room. The nearest tube stop is Euston Square, so if you get off there it’s a 2 minute walk.

The location in a grander London scale can be found below via Google Maps:

http://66net.org?KGOTF

(The original link that I sent on pointed to another building, above is the correct one :))

We are going to start at 1900 on the Friday, but should be around a little earlier to set things up. The room is in use until 1830 so there maybe a slight delay, but there's plenty to see on campus so we won't be short of things to do. If you do get lost, just ring me on my mobile: +447808822909.

I'd suggest, if possible, printing out the two maps just in case. Just to reiterate, below is a link to the London Tube maps:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/1106.aspx

And the original link I sent you with the guide how to get from the airports to the city:

http://www.londontoolkit.com/accommodation/euston_transfers.htm

Plus for Kings Cross:

http://www.londontoolkit.com/accommodation/kings_cross_transfers.htm

These are big transport hubs so you'll have no problem finding them from the airport. I'd suggest buying an oyster card at the station, which is a pay as you go card for all transport within London, it can be easily topped up at all stations and usually works out the cheapest method of transport.

Weather

Now, at the moment its snowing in London, and its quite unpredictable. So I'd suggest at the minimum bring some warm clothes and maybe an umbrella. This gives you an idea how unpredictable it is:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/8

Shops etc…

Theres a large Supermarket 10 mins walk down the road which will be open weekends, but there are no canteen facilities open on site at the weekend. There are a few restaurants in the area so we'll have no problem finding a place for a lunch. I'd suggest buying a big bottle of water on the way to the event, as its all too easy to forget.

What to bring

In summary:

* Wear loose clothing such as a t-shirt and tracksuit pants
* Large bottle of water (very important)
* Pen and Paper
* Zafu (meditation cushion or similar - optional)
* Yoga mat (optional)
* Blanket (it maybe cold!)

A full description can be found below:

http://www.kundaliniawakening.com/london-january-2010.html

If you get stuck, give me a buzz and I'll help out where I can. Hope you all have a safe trip and I'll catch you soon. I apologise if I haven't replied to some of you individually, if I missed anything just let me know.

Love,
Emmet (UK Organizer Kundaliniawakening.com)
london@kundaliniawakening.com

No comments: