Monday, December 29, 2008

UK Cimande Silat Training Pt. 3






So we continue with my story about my journey to meet my Silat Guru & friends in UK. : ) We continue with me staying at Jose's wonderful Hotel.

http://www.propcomm.co.uk/churchstreet/

The next 2 days where spent hanging with Jose sharing with him Gerak Satria Shakti & Serak. He shared with me his Cimande & his experiences in Malaysia & Indonesia. I loved the stories about Pak Mang Didi. Jose took me to dinner at a Malaysian student center. Food was AWESOME!!!!!! As I went in to restaurant a big Malaysian man with a long goatee grabs my hand and looks me in the eyes and says "Silat"? and then gave me a grinning smile. As if he knew : ) me and my silat. VERY COOL....It was like bumping in to a malaysian Obe 1 Canobe! Later I found out from Jose he is a Silat expert/Guru from Malaysia. Then I told the story to Pak Muhammad he tells me he knows him that is his close friend.



During the day I was teaching K.A.P. at the hotel to 2 great students Tuk & James. We did 16 hours of CHI KUNG & Kundalini Meditations in the Hotel room. I had I had a great visit from Guru Maul Monrie. We tore the hotel room apart with a good session of Pencak Silat. We attacked each other and shared Buah and concepts & Philosophies. Guru Maul has a very nice system of SILAT. His grandfather's art is a very effective a no nonsense method. I think Maul is a bright light in the Silat world with a LOT OF TALENT. I know a lot of folks think he is doing "serak". Truth is he is not. His Family's system is GOOD Silat & all GOOD silat will look similar. I have learned as I research and analyze things All GOOD SILAT has very common threads. His system has things I have seen in Cimande, Sendeng, Serak, and good Kuntau. I respect Guru Maul very much. Who ever thinks he is "ripping off" or "copying so & so's silat" should just touch hands with him to find out the truth. Do not be surprised if you get an elbow in your teeth or on the top of your head that will leave you wondering how to even spell "SILAT". Guru Maul is very honest & very Humble man with a big heart. That is rare.





The next day my silat friend Wayne Meyers came to visit and to train Silat with me. He is also a VERY skilled and talented Malaysian Pukulan. I had a blast sharing with him Serak & Gerak Satria Shakti. Wayne has my full respect and support as well in the Silat World.

GUYS & GALS here is my suggestion to the SILAT Community....RESEARCH & DO YOUR HOMEWORK. What ever we claim as our "own" has roots in something else....& ALL KNOWLEDGE COMES FROM THE CREATOR especially PENCAK SILAT.

If you know what SILAT really means you will understand what I am saying here.

I will touch on this at a later date.

My next piece of the journey was eating a curry that gave me a NASTY stomach bug. Jose & I had to drive 5 hours to Wales but it ended up being almost 8 hours with this freakish FOG that made it impossible to see. Plus we had to stop at every rest stop cause of the NASTY bug in stomach. Jose was suffering from one he got in Malaysia. Mine was from an evil source in UK that fed me a curry from Hell. But I must admit it TASTED great.

When we arrived in Wales it was aproximately 4 or 5 am. Pak Muhammad & Irfan greated us. Pak stayed awake to make sure we got in safe. He then had me sit next to him to share some good Banten/Cimande/Sufi/Badui wisdom with me.

After his chat he asked me to make meditation so I meditated for a bit and found myself seeing wonderful colors (Gold), arabic writing, sacred Geometry in my 3rd eye as I meditated. Pak has a strong energy & presence he walks a good Path. I feel very grateful to finally meet a real Cimande teacher from Java, let a long a true descendant of the WALI SONGO saints and Badui.

I will continue my story soon.

Peace Happy Holidays & God Bless

-Santi

2 comments:

Maul Mornie said...

Salaam Guru Santi, who is the good looking guys between you and Yusef? He looks familiar :) You give me too much credit Guru. Such phraise from you means alot. Thank you. Until we meet again, take care always.. Wachaaa!!

Silatyogi said...

May we meet soon again. Hopefully you come to Florida soon so we can have you teach a seminar & Share with us. Peace my dear brother,
Salams,,

Santi